Chargin' Chuck hovering is a glitch that allows the player to gain infinite height with the use of two-player mode and two Chargin' Chucks. This glitch takes place in the Underground Moon Caverns in the Moon Kingdom, and was first discovered by glitch hunter syrkl.
To perform Chargin' Chuck hovering:
- Ensure the game is in two-player mode
- Bring two Chargin' Chucks very close to each other so that there is little room between them
- Adjust the Chargin' Chucks so that they face each other
- Capture one of the two Chargin' Chucks
- Repeatedly shake the controller that is assigned to Cappy
If done correctly, Cappy will capture the other Chargin' Chuck and then capture the original again. Every time a Chargin' Chuck is uncaptured, it gains a slight amount of height, meaning that after many consecutive iterations of the trick, the player can gain a large amount of height.